EAT WITH THE CHAMPION™
By Mohamed Makkawy
This article is dedicated to all sports and fitness fans and especially those in bodybuilding training where every gram and calorie counts. My approach from my experience is a clear focus on the amount of protein that is needed to contribute into muscle building and preserving the existing muscle cells. The carbohydrate count is vital for the proper and real amount of energy produced.
Now here is how you do it:
25g Garlic, chopped
175g Red or white onion, cubed
4 Tbps Sunflower oil (1/4 cup)
475g Zucchini, cubed (1 lb.)
50g Cilantro, finely chopped
25g Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
25g Green onion, finely chopped
150g Tomato, chopped (medium sized)
10 Eggs (extra large)
1 Tsp. Salt
˝ Tsp. Ground black pepper
1 Tsp. Chilli powder
75-100g All-purpose or Whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and using a 9-inch round pan, lightly grease with butter and sprinkle flour to cover inside surface of pan.
2. Combine onion, garlic, sunflower oil and sauté on medium-high heat until lightly browned and translucent. Set aside and sauté zucchini on medium-high heat until tender and lightly brown, set aside to cool.
3. Combine cilantro, parsley, green onion and tomato to the onion mixture. Add to the cooled zucchini mixture and set aside. Season with half the salt, pepper and chilli powder.
4. In a large bowl, combine eggs, olive oil and the rest of salt, pepper, chilli powder. Add the flour little by little and whisk mixture for 3-4 minutes. Add the zucchini mixture and stir until combined. Pour mixture into greased and floured pan.
5. Place on the middle rack and bake for 35-40 minutes. Perform a skewer test. Skewer must be clean when removed from pan. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before turning over on rack. Let cool an additional 30 minutes before serving.
Note: Eggah can keep up to 7days in fridge in air-tight container.
Variation: Substitute zucchini for 500g cooked spinach.
For the entire recipe you will find:
Protein 60 gr approx.
Carbs 75 gr approx
Fat (olive oil, sunflower oil) total of 57.5 gr.
Total calories (approx)